[Omaha.pm] BioPerl lab

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Tue Feb 28 04:02:38 PST 2006

Dr. Dhundy R. Bastola wrote:
> The genome workbench is interesting. I did not know about it. I think having
> it under the bioperl umbrella is still a good choice. It will give more
> flexibility. I got the workbench loaded in my laptop. I will share with you
> as I learn more about the program and if it is some thing we discussed?

I think the root question is: Would the user of our project be better served by a web interface or a fat client? Both have advantages and disadvantages. Or perhaps they use their web browser to set up/manage their databases then they can click somewhere to "Import my project into Genome WorkBench"?

Web client: Run from anywhere w/ no special software. Lightweight and accessible. Awesome.
Fat client: Graphing, plotting, charting, drag-and-drop data manip. Awesome.