[Omaha.pm] Eclipse or other Perl IDE under Linux.

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Feb 17 05:35:16 PST 2006

Daniel Linder wrote:
>  > What perl IDEs are other people using in the Linux environment?
>  > I've grown weary of the "VI in one window, perl command line in
>  > the other" setup.
>
> I guess from the resounding lack of responses that I must be in the
> minority when it comes to using IDEs... :(

I'm from the "VI in 5 windows, command line off and on in several of them" camp. :)

I've never liked IDEs enough to put up with the overhead. Even syntax highlighting tends to just annoy me.

Not trying to rain on your parade. Everyone should use whatever is most productive for them. Perhaps if I went to work for a large shop with a ton of pre-existing, internally written source code with poor/no documentation I might find method name auto-discovery useful. You'd need an IDE for that. :)