[Omaha.pm] Camel Kit: Last minute X-mas shopping :)

sidney.omaha.pm at gmail.com sidney.omaha.pm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 09:56:18 PST 2006

At 10:22 AM 12/17/2006 -0600, Jay Hannah wrote:
>I'm getting my parents one for Christmas. It's not too late. :)
>
>http://mercycorps.org/mercykits/928

Great idea.

You could give a llama through Heifer International.
http://tinyurl.com/y62d68

>(Think they'll put a Perl Mongers logo on the camel for me? -laugh-)

Weeellll... Heifer lets people set up a gift registry and people can donate
through that (see wendyknits.com - Wendy has raised $24,680.00 just since
November 6th)

I don't have time, but maybe somebody else does. Maybe we should set up a
gift registry for Omaha.PM, designate chicks, ducks and geese honorary
penguins and sheep and goats honorary camels for the duration, maybe ask
O'Reilly to donate prizes for a weekly drawing. The Perl Community should
be able to do at least as well as a bunch of knitters. Just sayin.

-Sidney