[Omaha.pm] Module refuses to return a value

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:19:01 PST 2006

Actually I figured it out.  It wasn't my code -- it was my data! :)  I
was looking for a date in the Excel sheet and (when I wrote the script
at the end of the month) the date was mm/dd/yyyy.  I thought at the
beginning of the month it would be mm/0d/yyyy but it's actually
mm/d/yyyy.  Stupid Excel!

Anyway, I changed my regex (which I didn't see) and now my module works fine

Thanks for the reply though.

Mike

On 12/9/06, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Mike Hostetler wrote:
> > If I put the getCellByValue sub in my script than everything is fine.
> > So I'm missing something in my module.  Anyone wish to bring me to
> > enlightenment?
>
> I didn't see anything "wrong" with your code at a glance. My next
> step would be to play with it in the debugger. Have you used it
> before? It's awfully handy. I'd be happy to help you at the next
> meeting if you want.
>
> perldoc perldebug
> perldoc perldebtut
>
> HTH,