[Omaha.pm] Meeting reminder: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 @ 7pm!

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Dec 9 12:27:48 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Ryan Stille wrote:
>> Any topic suggestions?
> XML processing, XSLT transformations,

I can show you some XML::Twig stuff I've done. Simple examples and
complex ones. I've never done XSLT.

> session handling,

... in Apache? We use home-brewed cookie stuff I could show.

> creating/consuming web services.

Consuming via SOAP::Lite is pretty straight forward. Easy to demo a
cheesy stock "ticker", for example. Setting up WSDL is a pain in the
arse. I've done it. It hurt. All of our web services stuff is
experimental. We haven't found a single solid, scalable, practical
production use yet. So far we've used https POST combinations instead.

> I wonder if it would be possible to get some guest speakers presenting
> remotely?  Using something like Adobe Acrobat Connect or even just vnc
> and voip.  The presentation Andy Lester gave to the Toronto group in
> September sounds awesome.  http://to.pm.org/#2006-09

Andy: Have you ever done a remote?