[Omaha.pm] Classic CVS entry

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Aug 4 06:16:54 PDT 2006

On Thu, August 3, 2006 15:38, Jay Hannah wrote:
> 2 years ago I eliminated 3 function-specific programs
>    book.pl
>    pals.pl
>    rpin.pl
> in favor of 1 generic program that could handle all 3 functions
>    rq.pl
> I stumbled into my CVS entry for that day just now. It makes me laugh.

<Soapbox.fake>
And it's this type of childish behavior that will keep OSS "second rate"
to such big players such as Microsoft...
</Soapbox.fake>

These came out a few years ago:
 http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/2/15/71552/7795

So much for 'professionalism' that is pounded into our heads in College. ;)

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave
to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68