[Omaha.pm] Geneology Database?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Apr 28 17:12:19 PDT 2006

Paul's response.  :)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Geneology Database?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 02:06:35 +0200
From: Paul Johnson <paul at pjcj.net>
To: Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net>

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:47:27PM -0500, Jay Hannah wrote:

> Any chance you've got some magic up your sleeve which can prune my GEDCOM
> to only those people related to me? Some magical concoction of toolsets?
> Thanks!

I don't think there's anything built in (he says without looking), but
there are ancestors and descendents methods which could be used to
create a closure in a fairly inefficient way.  Or parents, children and
siblings methods with could probably do the job more efficiently.  Or
I'll bet there's another useful LifeLines script out there somewhere you
could translate :)

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net