[Omaha.pm] Errors in Two-Dimensional Arrays

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue Apr 18 17:54:32 PDT 2006

> Understanding that $usernick is properly set to their screenname, I'm
> trying to get a 2 dimensional array through @conn and $usernick w/ no
> strict "refs";

That's problem #1.  Turn strict back on.  You're dealing with
references here.

Perl doesn't have two-dimensional arrays.  You may have arrays of
array references that are effectively 2-dimensional arrays, but
they're not.

Whenever you're dealing with structures of structures, use
Data::Dumper to look at the format of your data.

In your case, try this:

use Data::Dumper;
print Dumper( @conn );

And then report back with what it shows.  We'll get this licked.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance