[Omaha.pm] Meetings and Library

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Apr 1 11:50:57 PST 2006

griffinheart at go.com wrote:
> When does the group hold meetings?

Yes, we have meetings every month. Sometimes more often than that when people are interested in (and have time for) specific topics and send out an invite.

> I saw the location but not the time.

http://omaha.pm.org/

I'm pretty sure it says "7pm". :)

> Additionally, I saw the group had a "Perl library."  Would I be able
> to borrow some introductory Perl books?

Absolutely. The books are available for everyone to borrow. They're stored at Reboot the User, and are lonely, so they'd be happy to have you take them home for a while. :)

Andy Lester wrote:
> Also, do you guys just meet, or have talks?  I'd love to come out and talk to the group.

Well, we meet and then 90% of the time I end up rambling about whatever. I've done some "formal" presentations, but usually we're just winging it. Guest speakers/talkers very welcome! Come on down!

The group is wide open to everyone's ideas/thoughts/talks. In lieu of any alternatives, whoever shows up gets mine. :)