[Omaha.pm] Pulling data back out of a hash of arrays.

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Tue Sep 27 22:39:31 PDT 2005

What I want to do:
Create a hash of arrays such that the key is the game id, and the rest of the
game data (currently just home and away teams) is the array.  My print
statements tell me this seems to be working.   Next I'd like to iterate
through the list of hash keys, and obtain the array contents for each key.
This is not working.  I'm getting a pointer to the array.  How do I get to
the actual data?

Code snippet:

    while ( @fixture_rec = $sth->fetchrow_array ) {
        my $game_id = $fixture_rec[0];
        print "0=$fixture_rec[0] 1=$fixture_rec[1] 2=$fixture_rec[2]\n";
        my @teams = @fixture_rec[1..2];
        print "home=$teams[0] away=$teams[1]\n";
        #stuff the hash
        $fixture{$game_id} = [ @teams ];
    }

    return;