[Omaha.pm] Private library (FAQ suggests PERL5LIB shell var)

Mat Caughron mat at phpconsulting.com
Wed Sep 21 07:20:34 PDT 2005

Hi Bob:

http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_use_private

There are several ways to use modules installed in private directories:

setenv PERL5LIB /path/to/module
		sets the environment variable PERL5LIB.

use lib qw(/path/to/module);
	used at the top of your script tells perl where to find your module.

perl -I/path/to/module

All of these will append /path/to/module to @INC.

Mat