[Omaha.pm] map: make a hash from an array

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Sep 15 14:17:28 PDT 2005

On Sep 15, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Miller, Scott L (Omaha Networks) wrote:
> Is it possible that building the hash in the first place, rather than
> an
> array is the more correct thing to do?

I think you and Andy are dead on. Have all the tools in your toolbox,
and do what the right thing probably is each time. In the probably rare
case that speed is critical, benchmark each strategy.

I'm sure benchmarking would show wildly different results per strategy
comparing, for instance, 3 scans of 1M keys vs. 1M scans of 3 keys.