[Omaha.pm] FW: what lanague is your perl writen in?

Miller, Scott L (Omaha Networks) Scott.L.Miller at hp.com
Thu Oct 27 08:40:45 PDT 2005

Hmm, as I understand it, and I'm using C as my reference point, once
you've got a compiler that successfully transforms C into something the
machine can execute, then you can start writing the compiler itself in
C.

I'd imagine it's the same type of process using python.

I'd personally think that there is no way python written in python will
be faster than python written in C, unless python is low level enough to
be able to compile programs directly into machine executable code.  I'm
just vaguely familiar with python, but I thought the whole point was
that it was much higher level...

-Scott