[Omaha.pm] Class::Date - change once set

Jay Hannah jhannah at omnihotels.com
Thu Oct 27 07:56:37 PDT 2005

> So... Did you ever figure out how to do it? I'm curious now ;)

Well, no. AFAIK the original question I asked has no good solution, so I
worked around it like I threatened to:

> I'll solve my original problem by storing the Class::Date
> objects in a location that both my main and my package can
> access. (Attributes of a commonly accessible class...)

I just tucked the objects into attributes of an object both code
snippets had access to, and voila -- problem solved.

So I can continue to update my 50+ CPAN dependencies several times every
year w/o fear of my stuff breaking as long as those authors maintain
backward compatibility.

"amongst the deadly sins of programming, even code forking is more
manageable over the long haul than breaking encapsulation is" -Me