[Omaha.pm] Downloading CPAN modules on G5 Mac

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Oct 26 17:59:51 PDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Daniel Linder wrote:
> Warning: make not found in PATH
> Where is your make program? []
>
>  The only one that I am faily certain is a pretty hard requirement is
> the "make" program.  Do you have your distributions standard
> compliment of development tools installed?  If so, check that your
> PATH variable includes the proper directory.

Ya. In Mac speak, you need to install the "Mac OS X Developer Tools".
Whenever you buy the OS there's a separate, optional CD in the bundle
that is labeled as such. It's an easy install. I don't think you can
download it.

Once you do, you'll have all the Unixy build stuff you'll need for
typical Perly stuff (make, gcc, gdb, cvs, etc.)

It comes with a bunch of Cocoa GUI RDE stuff too if you're into that
sort of thing, but I don't use those.