[Omaha.pm] Downloading CPAN modules on G5 Mac

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Tue Oct 25 21:28:42 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 21:38, Philip Terry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a G5 Mac and would like to install a module from the CPAN web site.
>
> When I tried this, I said "no" to manual configuration because I did not
> know what settings were appropriate.

You're usually safe taking the default settings.  If you find they aren't
working, blow them away and try again.   I can't think of anything MCPAN
would do to your OS config to break it.  If you're *really* worried, take a
backup before you start.

There are several *ix commands that CPAN is going to want paths to.  (more,
ftp, etc)  These vary by flavor of (Unix/Linux/OSX), so you may have to find
them and enter them.   Pick 3 or 4 ftp sites that are geographically close
and you're set.  You will probably see many entries that state "If you don't
understand what this is, take the default".  You can safely take the default
on these.

Good Luck!  If you encounter problems, do as Jay requests, and post your
output to the list.

DT