[Omaha.pm] [olug] Database export problem

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Oct 15 09:41:42 PDT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Eric Lusk wrote:
> Well, it's slow work but I'm getting there....  Found
> out I can export PARTS of the database, but end up
> with everything split up in multiple ascii files...
> Lots of copying and pasting going on.

Echoing Dave and Russ' comments: Sounds like you need/needed a little
data munging script. I've written hundreds of those over the years,
mostly in Perl.

Next time before you spend hours/days/weekends copying and pasting you
might want to paste a few lines of your data to a mailing list and
explain what your desired state is. You'll probably get a dozen people
sending you 3-15 line programs that do what you want (in various
languages -- take your pick).

HTH,

Omaha Perl Mongers: http://omaha.pm.org