[Omaha.pm] Lightning Talks from UNO on Perl! :)

Robert raflists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:28:35 PST 2005

Jay,

> Thanks for the invite! I'll be there.

   Great!  I can go from Omaha PM lurker to actually having met
someone ... by inviting them to come to me.  :)

> (I'm stunned, but that .pdf will not render on my Mac. Works fine in
> Windows. Wow, that's a first. -grin-)

   That _is_ odd.  I created the PDF using pdfcreator
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/).  I create handouts for
my classes and post them using this, also, and haven't had any of my
Mac people say they couldn't open the documents.  Interesting.

> Who's doing the bit on Perl in Bioinformatics? I just got involved with
> the bioperl.org people, and am fascinated by genetics research.

   A student by the name of Brandon Suponchick.  I'm not sure of his
background, but it's the topic he chose, so I'm assuming he knows
something about it.  I guess we'll find out next week.  :)

   -- b