[Omaha.pm] Fwd: Perl and recursion...

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Nov 16 12:54:17 PST 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Daniel Linder wrote:
>  Is File::Find part of the base Perl 5.X installation?

Yes.

> The perl I am using is part of a larger package (HP OpenView Network
> Node Manager) on a customers machine that I support -- HP has some
> dire warnings when it comes to upgrading the Perl they install with
> NNM, and the customers IT group has loaded their own copy of Perl 5.X
> in another directory for their own use. Gotta love administration of
> machines like this... :)

If it weren't "core perl" you could always install it elsewhere then
tweak your script/environment so perl could find it. None of that would
be "upgrading Perl" in my opinion. Perhaps even upgrading packages into
the regular places isn't "upgrading Perl"...? Short of upgrading
/usr/bin/perl the binary, "upgrading Perl" is probably in the eye of
the beholder...