[Omaha.pm] Mtg this Thr 5/19 @ 7pm. No June mtg.

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon May 16 15:16:23 PDT 2005

Meeting this Thr @ 7pm!

    http://omaha.pm.org/

If nothing else is suggested I'll be going over some Template Toolkit
wisdom/hackery/stupidity I've been working on lately.

I like hearing myself talk, but does anyone else use Perl for something
and is willing to demo it? If you've seen my demos you know that not a
lot of prep work, professionalism, nor public speaking skills are
required. Any takers? Any subject matter requests? Challenges people
are facing?

I'd also like to talk about Perl activism at the meeting. See if we can
get more new folks involved. Let local CS professors (UNO, Creighton,
Metro?) know we're out here if students are looking for extra help or
anything...? Thoughts? A guy got me into Perl back in 1993, I'd like to
reciprocate. They can take or leave Perl, but it'd be nice to let more
young folk (da yoots) (or newly computer savvy folk) know we're out
here as one option.

There will be no June meeting, as I'll be in Taiwan for 2 weeks.
Unless, of course, someone wants to organize a meeting without me --
feel free. I'll try to swing by the 2 (?) Taiwan Perl Monger groups in
Taiwan and say hi (in English... or Perl) on behalf of Omaha.pm. -grin-