[Omaha.pm] New to the Omaha.pm list...

Jim Lawless jimbo at radiks.net
Wed Jul 27 19:42:28 PDT 2005

Good evening, all.  I just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

Although I primarily use Java-oriented tools during the day, I've been
a Perl programmer for just over 11 years.

My biggest Perl claim-to-fame, was placing 2nd in one of The Perl
Journal's Obfuscated Perl Coding contests:

http://www.foo.be/docs/tpj/issues/vol2_3/tpj0203-0012.html

The theory of operation of my entry can be found here:

http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo/demented/obperl.htm

For those who haven't nodded off to sleep whilst reading my first
post, here's a more comprehensive list of items I've written that
have appeared in prominent tech publications. ( Including the first
CGI article in print in the pages of a DDJ special edition.  Okay,
there was another CGI article in the issue, but *ours* were the
first ones in print. )

http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo/articles.htm

I look forward to chatting with you all about "old" Perl, OO Perl,
Perl 6 under Parrot, and some of the kooky CGI tricks I've done
using Perl. ( A Perl CGI in ".zip" clothing, a web-page hit-counter
that generates a GIF without using any LZW compression... )

I hope to meet some of you at upcoming meetings.

Jim Lawless
http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo

$y=151502483;
while($x=$y%113) { print sprintf("%c",$x); $y=int($y/113); }