[Omaha.pm] http://perl.meetup.com - Omaha is #2!

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Jul 14 18:51:12 PDT 2005

Sorry for the month delay. Been out of country...

On Jun 20, 2005, at 10:56, Fluhmann, Jeremy wrote:
> L  Sadly, I’m the only one in the Meetup group.  I was the organizer,
> but I guess after being inactive they took it away from me (even
> though I’m the only member).  But it looks as if an organizer must pay
> a monthly subscription now.  Is that correct?

That's too bad. Ya, Meetup wants money now. AFAICT 80+% of the Meetup
groups are dead now. At least around Omaha anyway. Dunno what the
actual statistic is.

Here @ Omaha Perl Mongers I talk to myself on this list occasionally
and we have small monthly meetings, usually only missing one mtg a
year. Rock starts, all. -grin-

> I’m just waiting for support at pm.org to setup my web and MailMan
> account.

I don't see a group for you, and I don't see an open ticket. Did you
read the FAQ?

    http://groups.pm.org/faq.html

If you send another email to that address it should open a ticket for
you. (I'm an admin volunteer.)

Nice hearing from you! My last company (Viatel) (1) bought our a
company in College Station, and then (2) promptly went bankrupt. Doh!
(This was about 5/6 years ago.) Sorry about that... Small world. -grin-