[Omaha.pm] GD::Graph installation on G5 OS X 10.4

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Dec 21 18:21:13 PST 2005

Mat Caughron wrote:
> Correction, see:
>
> 	http://p5-gdgraph.darwinports.com/

Hmm... Theoretically that'd be pretty cool. But I can't get it working on my Mac OS X 10.3.9. (Am I behind on my OS version now?)

I followed these instructions

  http://darwinports.com/

But the next step (according to the instructions) doesn't work:

# sudo port -d selfupdate
sudo: port: command not found

So I ran

  /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

So I could run

  locate '/port'

Which showed me where "port" is (I think), but then:

# sudo /opt/local/bin/port -d selfupdate
dyld: /usr/bin/tclsh can't open library: /usr/lib/libcurl.3.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package_native require Pextlib 1.0"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval package_native $args"
    (procedure "package" line 14)
    invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
    (procedure "dportinit" line 309)
    invoked from within
"dportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize ports system, dyld: /usr/bin/tclsh can't open library: /usr/lib/libcurl.3.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

And since I don't know TCL I don't know what's going on now.

Have you had any luck yet Philip? I tend to attempt installing everything from source, and tend to avoid package systems...

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Philip Terry wrote:
> Question: can someone recommend how to proceed? (for example, perhaps a download of the GD module from CPAN might take care of the libraries which are supposed to be installed ahead of the GD module?).

In my experience installing the GD module will not install its non-Perl pre-requisites. You need to do that separately, which I've never done on a Mac. The last few times I've tried on Linux (over the last 3-4 years or so) it's always worked on Linux.

Your list of dependencies sound right to me. Have you tried to install any of the prereqs? Any luck?