[Omaha.pm] perl -MDBI -e 'DBI->installed_versions'

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Aug 11 21:44:01 PDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Daniel Linder wrote:
>> Upgrading perl, DBI, DBDs to latest stable... wish me luck
>
> So, do you do the DBI first, then the DBDs, or the reverse?  Or is
> there a
> CPAN module function that does the upgrade of all pieces together?

 From scratch you build/install DBI, DBD dependencies, then the DBD. For
upgrades you can piecemeal them. Usually DBDs support DBIs 2 or more
years old, so you usually aren't forced to upgrade quickly.

When I'm motivated to upgrade anything I usually shoot the moon,
though, just to make sure "latest stable" works across the board. This
last round started because I thought an upgrade might disperse some
weirdness that showed up w/ a fetchrow_hashref() call we were doing.
Yup, it worked.