[Omaha.pm] Re: LWP form posts

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Sep 16 01:54:41 CDT 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Michael D. Maynard wrote:
> Step 3 is where the process breaks down.  PayPal throws back some
> HTML.  Step 3 needs to be C -> D rather than C -> A.  I could add Step
> 3.5) Parse HTML converting relative URL's to absolute URL's.  This
> presents two problems.  1) should PayPal change their HTML, URL
> conversion may no longer catch everything.

What you're doing isn't a normal chain of events for PayPal? I'd think
all their URLs would be absolute in order to facilitate what you're
trying to do?

> 2) Server A is not running https for this host and Computer D is not
> entering login information on insecure connection.

The HTML you'll be echoing to D will post to PayPal's https URL, so you
should be fine, shouldn't you? Or does IE complain if a non-secured
HTML form posts to an https URL?

> There may not be any way to do it.

On the contrary, hopefully TMTOWTDI.

Grin,