[Omaha.pm] Informix / Perl mtg in KC Oct. 27

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Oct 23 11:58:35 CDT 2004

Thought this might be of interest...

    http://www.iiug.org/kciug/

-snip!-
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM "Is your DBA Paranoid Enough? - IDS 9.4 Recommended
Security Practices, Jonathan Leffler
-snip!-

Jonathan Leffler is the author/maintainer of Perl's DBD::Informix
(*the* module that lets you IO an Informix database with perl (through
DBI)), and therefore the king of Informix <-> Perl communication. So,
basically, he's been one of the ubergeeks in the critical path of how
I've made a living for a big chunk of the past 7 years.

I finally get to meet the man, the myth, the legend; without having to
fly anywhere. -grin-

Dave Thacker and I are going to drive down and meet him. Oh, and we'll
learn more about Informix 9.4 too. -grin-