[Omaha.pm] perl cpan problem

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Oct 22 16:19:42 CDT 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 8:26 PM, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2004, at 1:35 PM, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>>> perl -MCPAN -e "install XML::Parser"
>>> perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::CPAN"
>>> perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::libnet"
>>> perl -MCPAN -e "install Net::FTP"
>>> perl -MCPAN -e "install HTTP::Date"
>
> No, I ran them separately from the command line.  No errors about not
> being able to write.  Just some stuff about what server it was trying
> to contact, then a long silence as I watched the memory usage increase
> to max, and finally caput!

Oh... So 4 of those 5 packages are known to not be the problem? -grin-

Then it would help to know which of the 5 is running when the problem
occurs, and a copy-paste of the screen shot as the memory is slurping
so we can see what was happening before the slurp began.

> I will try again and see if I can watch for more details.  It's kind
> of difficult because I don't have email access on the machine I'm
> working with, so I have to retype any messages over onto this machine.

Copy/paste into a text file (or tee it to a text file) then scp/ftp the
file to wherever...?