[Omaha.pm] Maypole

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Oct 13 10:40:00 CDT 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 3:19 PM, dutch wrote:
> Anyone on the list using Maypole (MVC)?

No. We looked at it, but not very hard.

This is an interesting resource:

http://poop.sourceforge.net/
    poop-group, poop-scoop mailing lists

> Pro's, con's, Apache2 vs Apache issues?

Can't commment. Sorry.

> Have installed it successfully but for large chunks of my custom work
> rolling
> my own CGI/mod_perl/DBI stuff seems to work better.  I do like the
> idea of
> the MVC separation and the templating - any quicker in the real world?

Our current poop iteration is a custom MVC structure and the Perl
Template Toolkit (get the O'Reilly book). It's cruising along, and
we're happy with it. A couple years ago the available poop stuff wasn't
flexible enough to handle our corner cases (composite primary keys,
etc.)...

I believe Maypole was Simon's baby, and he recently retired the
computer scene. I don't know how strong the community is.

If you get into it let us know!!

$0.02,