[Omaha.pm] Mtg 5/25 @ 7pm (tomorrow), new books, etc

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon May 24 18:17:28 CDT 2004

If you haven't noticed, the pm.org server was destroyed last Thr or
Fri. They're still rebuilding all the groups homepages. Ours remains
down for now.

Hopefully this fancy new mailing list (we've moved from Majordomo to
MailMan) is working...

As previously announced (a week and a half ago?) we'll be having a
meeting at Reboot The User (RTU) tomorrow night at 7pm.

    http://www.reboottheuser.com/
    http://www.reboottheuser.com/store_hours.html

The good folk @ O'Reilly sent us 5 new books. I'll bring them tomorrow
and add them to our book borrowing library:

- Perl CD Bookshelf v4.0
- Perl in a Nutshell 2nd Edition
- Perl Debugger Pocket Reference
- Perl Template Toolkit
- Perl Cookbook 2nd Edition

If youu haven't picked up your T-shirt(s) yet, come get them at the
meeting, or swing by RTU any time they're open.

At the meeting we'll discuss using WWW::Mechanize to hit Yahoo (see
an OO fixed-width file manipulator), and whatever else anyone
fancies...

Time to send this thing and see if it actually works. -laugh-

Cya tomorrow,

578-3976