[Omaha.pm] HTML::Recorder

Jeff Bisbee omaha-pm at jbisbee.com
Thu Jun 10 21:44:02 CDT 2004

* Jay Hannah (jay at jays.net) wrote:
> Wow. That's pretty neat. It never even occurred to me that one could
> send a browser (like IE) through a Perl proxy and use that conduit for
> all sorts of auto-detection/automation evil...

Recorders only short coming is that can't work with HTTPS (not that it
matters much)

Also the command line program 'mech-dump' rocks.  You can give it a URL
or a file and dumps forms (and optional links and images).  It's great
when you need to build a mechanize script.  Just go to the site you want
to "mechanize" and save each page as you go.  Then run mech-dump against
the local html files and you save a TON of time :)

-- Jeff Bisbee / omaha-pm at jbisbee.com / jbisbee.com