[Omaha.pm] Odd jobs wanted: Perl, C, Python, Unix/Linux

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Tue Jul 13 17:56:08 CDT 2004

Really Cheap Rates for Really Good Software

No, this is not a spam for w at r3z, just looking for interesting side
work to supplement the Marina and Beer fund while I look for the
perfect position.

I'm looking to do small (days to a week or so at a go), fixed-priced
projects.  As long as it's interesting -- spinning tops have been
known to keep me entertained for hours -- you can name your rate!

Here's your chance to get that special whiz-bang project done, the
little utility you've been meaning to get written, or spend some
quality time improving an area of your project or product.  All
without any hassles: you describe, I do, you pay.

  *** Satisfaction and bug-free software guaranteed. ***

Here's where I do best:

  * Unix, Linux, MacOS X, BSD, and Open Source-style Windows XP.
  * Expert in Perl, C, and Python, and at these rates, pretty damn
    fine at Java, C++, and potentially .NET too!
  * Web-based apps, servlets, XML services
  * Databases/DB APIs, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Sybase
  * Internet, systems software, build/release tools, packaging
  * Systems admin type stuff

I can also help implement, mentor, or coach on the following:

  * Test-driven development, JUnit, PyUnit, *Unit
  * Automating software builds, releases, and testing
  * Building "standard" releases and release packages
  * Portable software, autoconf/automake
  * Configuration management, CVS, Subversion, arch, Perforce
  * Maintaining perfect systems, scaling up

Email, Jabber, or MSN message me at ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us, or 'poy_mp3'
on Yahoo!, or if you're an in-real-life sort of person, you can call
me on 515-222-5993.

Remember: it's fixed price, you get to set the price, and the work is
guaranteed or you don't pay.  There's nothing to lose and the only
"catch", if you can call the obvious that, is that someone else offers
something more interesting before your project starts, so get in
early!

  -- Ken