[Omaha.pm] RE: figure this one out

Patrick Sean Baker pbaker at omnihotels.com
Mon Aug 23 16:23:54 CDT 2004

GJ.  I didn't write a Perl script to figure it out.  I noticed that
these series of numbers always gave the same result when you added the
first two digits together.  It didn't dawn on me until I saw the
picture changing as you described.

90-99 = 81
80-89 = 72
70-79 = 63
etc...

> From: Patrick Baker [mailto:bakep at cox.net]
> >
> > http://www.mrgoodbeer.com/games/wacko.shtml
> >
> > Woah.
>

> -spoiler attached-
>

> Play the game above first if you want to.
>

> ---
>
> (I spent about 8 minutes on this.)
>
> Run the math on all possible choices:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> foreach $pick (10..99) {
>    $result = $pick - ($a + $b);
>    print "$pick: $result\n";
> }
>
> No matter what number you pick, there are only 9 possible results.
If you look at the pictures associated with those 9 results, they're
all the same. The game changes which picture will be the answer for
each run, but there's only 1 possible answer, and that's the result
it "guesses".