[Oc-pm] Exciting Full Time Employee Job Opening for OSS Experts

Ramana V Mokkapati mvr707 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:13:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

  As mentioned in the last meeting, there is an exciting opportunity for
Open Source Software (OSS) savvy Developers to play a significant role in
solving challenges of semiconductor manufacturing.
Sharing a snippet of the job description.

Please spread the word.
Interested may send me the resume, Or, just contact me for more details.

Thanks,
Ramana Mokkapati
<mvr707 at gmail.com>

[SNIP]

Senior Software Developer Position is open at Broadcom, Irvine office.

Senior = platform/language neutral, focus is on business problem solving
(using whatever tech it takes), Current architecture and team skills are
around Linux and Windows (besides legacy Solaris).

Domain: Automation of manufacturing flow for security devices

Job Role:
Immediate term (6 months -1 years) is about interface development for smart
cards and develop authentication layer between client and server - involves
low level socket programming.
Longer term: Design and develop very large data base processing platform
possibly leveraging Big Data frameworks, tools etc.

Skills: C/C++/Perl/PHP/MySQL/MSSQL (current approaches), but we are not
limited as solving business problem is the focus.
Exposure to Very Data Data Bases, Experience with integrating disparate
applications (EAI), Good understanding of Cryptography (not so much about
mathematics of the algorithms, it is more about understanding and usage and
integration) are critical to success.
Linux and Widows hands-on experience is expected.

[/SNIP]