[Oc-pm] Im new to PM

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Thu Jul 23 17:18:35 PDT 2009

Welcome!

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 05:02:37PM -0700, ealonw wrote:
> Does anyone have a good tutorial on perl pagination using DBI? I have
> Mysql running and I want to paginate the SELECT to HTML

The last time I had to paginate database results on HTML, I used the
Data::Page[1] module.  If you're asking about just getting the database
results into HTML in the first place, there are a handful of frameworks
that specialize in this, Maypole and Catalyst come immediately to mind.
Searching for "perl crud[2]" may turn up some information on that.

I've generally never needed to dump data directly to the web, and when
I've done it for testing, it's never been fancier than,

    $sth->execute;
    $sth->bind_columns( \$field1, ... );

    while ( $sth->fetch ) {
        print q(<tr>);