[Oc-pm] Perl Mongers @ SCALE 6x

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:07:56 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am sending this email simultaneously to OC.pm, San-Diego.pm and
Thousand-Oaks.pm,

SCALE 6x is the 6th Southern California Linux Expo (
http://socallinuxexpo.com ), it is to be held Friday, Saturday and
Sunday, February 8-10, 2008 at the Westin Los Angeles Airport.

Back in February LA.pm had a booth at SCALE for promoting Perl, for
next year we thought it would be great to have members not only from
LA, but also from all of the local Perl Mongers Groups, namely OC,
Thousand Oaks and San Diego.

There are logistical issues to address, but early preparations mean we
have time to take care of them (the demos at the booth, finding
sponsors for the extra exhibitor passes, as well as any banners and
other POP material).

All we need is one volunteer from your group to be at the booth for a
few hours (TBD, depends on the number of volunteers), that person
would get a free pass to the convention. Even if nobody in your group
can volunteer, I think it doesn't hurt anybody to say the booth is
from the SoCal Perl Mongers, unless there are any objections.

I am about to send the booth request application in name of the SoCal
Perl Mongers to the SCALE organizers, you can review the document at:

http://www.nuevearepas.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/PerlMongers-BoothRequest.pdf

Best regards,

Juan Natera

P.S. SCALE's CFP is open until the end of November, please submit your
Perl Talk if you have one.