[Oc-pm] Meeting Notes

Douglas Wilson dgwilson1 at cox.net
Sun May 27 12:00:00 PDT 2007

David Romano wrote:

>     -   Parse::FixedLength

Also, Simon Cozen's module I was trying to remember is:
Parse::Binary::Iterative
and the Audrey's module that it was based on is:
Parse::Binary.

>     -   How to fix the website

I signed up for the bitcard account back when they changed servers,
but never had my account associated with the 'oc' website, so I've
just now emailed support to do that. If anyone else wants access,
let me know.

 >     -   HOP & the Y Combinator
There was a good discussion about this on use.perl:
http://use.perl.org/~Aristotle/journal/30896

It's been sort of a fascination/obsession for me.
I also agree that although perl can't strictly do the Y-combinator,
I'd cut it some slack and not really count the initial argument
assignments from @_ as 'assignments' (though Perl 6 will probably
be changing that) :-)

>         -   Play with Catalyst to work on the OC PM website. Maybe even
>             use Mojomojo for our PM wiki. This would also help us get
>             more experience working with databases, which Pete said he'd
>             be interested in doing (as would I).
>             http://www.catalystframework.org/

The current setup does not allow dynamic content, only static pages.
Someone would need to host the site on their own servers (or some
server that allows that sort of thing).

And many thanks to David for just saying "Hey, let's get together", and
for putting together these notes!

-Doug