[Oc-pm] Meeting Notes

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Fri May 25 09:16:55 PDT 2007

Ben Tilly wrote:
> You can't really do the Y Combinator in Perl because one of the key
> points of the combinator is that you should not need any form of
> assignment, and Perl can't process function arguments without using
> assignment.

I'm not familiar with all the details on this one, but is the problem
that when you use function arguments without assignment that they are
passed by reference?  Because I know you can process arguments without
assignment as long as they are not altered (unless that is the intent)
and you don't mind line noise :).

Regards,
Mark

--