OC-PM: EJB vs. The Old Days

Wilson, Douglas dgwilson at sonomasystems.net
Thu Mar 4 11:20:18 CST 2004

I'd be happy if I could do away with Remedy and use something else,
but it just ain't my decision to make :-) I think it's the old
"We've spent too much money on it to change now" argument...

Since I'm being forced to use it, I thought I'd just use it as
an opportunity to learn something new, though currently I don't
even know how to do the most basic things like making queries
(programmatically, not through the GUI). I'll get around to
installing Remedy::ARSTools, and if I can learn to use that,
and look at the source, maybe I can begin to understand it.
The author does recommend not using the Query() method and
querying the database directly through DBI (as Brian mentioned),
which would involve learning the underlying database schema,
and I'm wondering if there's some kind of quick reference to
that somewhere also....