OC-PM: EJB vs. The Old Days

Brian.Cooke at VerizonWireless.com Brian.Cooke at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Mar 3 18:23:11 CST 2004

We have Remedy here, but for that I'm classified as "user" rather than
"developer".  I'll see if I can dig around for documentation.

Also, check out Remedy::ARSTools, which is an OO interface to ARSPerl, and
seems to do a pretty good job of simplifying things somewhat.  I only use
the Query() method (the one method the author says it's best not to use).
Haven't used it to create or modify tickets.  If you have access to the
database back-end (I don't), the GenerateConfig => 1 option in the
constructor will generate a nice mapping of the human-readable Remedy fields
to their less-readable (unreadable) database fields.  You can then query
tickets right from there.

bc

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson, Douglas [mailto:dgwilson at sonomasystems.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 4:10 PM
To: oc-pm at pm.org
Subject: OC-PM: EJB vs. The Old Days

Here is a link to something I was talking about last night.

You wonder what any of it has to do with EJB until
you get to the end... :-)

http://scarydevil.com/~peter/io/java.html

As far as perl content, lemme see if I remember...there was
some mention of SEC - the Simple Event Correlator (see Mike, I
remembered :-)  Anyway, I haven't looked at it yet, but I
was wondering on what level it was similar/different to POE...though
I know not much more about POE than SEC :)

I mentioned that we were using Remedy at work (for the last
couple of months), and of course there's a perl module for it
(ARSperl), but not knowing anything about the internals of Remedy,
the learning curve appears rather steep. I was wondering if anyone
knew of where to start looking for beginning Remedy developer
documentation....TIA.

And that's about it...I believe we decided that the location was
acceptable, but we'd keep our options open (and we're open to
suggestions, in case anyone has one).

Cheers,
Doug