OC-PM: EJB vs. The Old Days

Wilson, Douglas dgwilson at sonomasystems.net
Wed Mar 3 18:09:37 CST 2004

Here is a link to something I was talking about last night.

You wonder what any of it has to do with EJB until
you get to the end... :-)

http://scarydevil.com/~peter/io/java.html

As far as perl content, lemme see if I remember...there was
some mention of SEC - the Simple Event Correlator (see Mike, I
remembered :-)  Anyway, I haven't looked at it yet, but I
was wondering on what level it was similar/different to POE...though
I know not much more about POE than SEC :)

I mentioned that we were using Remedy at work (for the last
couple of months), and of course there's a perl module for it
(ARSperl), but not knowing anything about the internals of Remedy,
the learning curve appears rather steep. I was wondering if anyone
knew of where to start looking for beginning Remedy developer
documentation....TIA.

And that's about it...I believe we decided that the location was
acceptable, but we'd keep our options open (and we're open to
suggestions, in case anyone has one).

Cheers,
Doug