OC-PM: Social meet next month

Wilson, Douglas dgwilson at sonomasystems.net
Tue May 13 11:46:34 CDT 2003

Hi all,

Many pm groups balance out the technical meets with purely social ones,
and there's a NY monger/monk coming through the area next month, so I'm
planning a get together to meet up with him, and everyone's welcome. He's
Ben Tilly, subject of a slashdot article
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/21/0139244&mode=thread), but more
importantly a very knowledgeable and talented guy (and has worked on
core perl modules like Exporter and Carp), and has been very helpful
in the perlmonks forum (http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=26179).

The time and place is (tentatively) set for June 18th, 7pm at The Olde Ship
(theoldeship.com) in Santa Ana (only about 10 minutes up the I-5 if traffic
isn't bad :). Pub style food, dinner is under or around $10,
and if you like english beer/ale, there's a good selection on tap :-)
I'm also posting to the LA and SD.pm mailing lists, we'll see if anyone
shows up,
I know of one person from SD who wants to come. I'll post updates and
reminders later, and I hope to see you there.

-Doug