OC-PM: Follow up..

Michael Wood michael at web.oakley.com
Wed May 7 17:15:51 CDT 2003

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who attended last night's meeting, and here's a quick recap for those who couldn't make it:

I presented SAWA::Lite again, but instead of a conceptual run-down, I showed step by step examples to illustrate *what* SAWA::Lite can do while showing *how* you can use it.  It went pretty quick, and I got some great feedback from everyone -  between everyone, we were able to fix a pretty gnarly recursion bug that I had overlooked and over all, SAWA::Lite is one step further from infancy ;)

It's always scary to open up the hood to your code for public review, ( IMHO ), but a great deal of good came from it - thanks!

As for next week's meeting, the topic is currently undecided...I was bouncing around the following ideas for a topic:
    the perl debugger
    perhaps a less advanced topic like an intro to something perl (perl itself? a module?)
    perhaps more advanced/effective stuff like discussing closures, maps, greps, etc...

Let me know if you're teeth are itching for a particular topic...

On a side note, SAWA::Lite with it's revisions from last night will be uploaded to sourceforge shortly...

Until next moger meeting -
Michael