OC-PM: follow up...

Michael Wood mike at oakleyweb.com
Wed Aug 6 14:39:16 CDT 2003

Greetings,

Just a quick once over about last night - a few new bodies showed up
last night :)  Everyone was able to chime in about introductory perl
stuff.  We talked about why perl would be a stellar choice in some
situations, the differences between perl scripts, cgi scripts and
mod_perl programs...we talked about how the filesystem and perl play
(usually) nicely with each other - and then I dropped to a shell to show
some very basic examples that illustrated the lexical structure of a
script and how to pipe things.

All in all it was a lot of fun - we gorged on pizza, soda coffee and all
things Perl ;)

As for next month, I'm still churning around what that topic could be,
considering after an introduction to Perl itself, you could branch off
in just about any direction - so I'll keep you all posted on what the
meat will be for the next meet.

-Michael