OC-PM: OC-PM monger-meeting wake-mail

Michael Wood michael at web.oakley.com
Wed Apr 2 17:01:51 CST 2003

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who attended our meeting last night regarding image manipulation with Image::Magick.  We got to see how one could upload an image via a web form and grind it through a number of magickal procedures - even on the fly annotation.

We also saw how these procedures could possibly aid in the task of mass image processing based on, say, a company's image policy.  It was great fun, and there was even some time left to experiment with some of Image::Magick's unusual filter methods like ->OilPaint() ( although, we did grow a little older waiting for *that* one to render ;) )

All in all, great fun.

SAWA::Lite in practical application is the next blib on OC-PM's radar for next month's topic.  It had barely been hatched when it was first discussed, so no real examples were available.  Well, it's been used and there are some examples available now, so it should prove to be interesting at least to those who first wanted to see SAWA::Lite in action before...

Hope to see you there -
Michael