OC-PM: hash changing

mark mark at web.oakley.com
Fri Jul 12 10:17:47 CDT 2002

Hi Mike,

Sure there is!

If you have a hash table that looks like:

%hash = (
    key1 => value1,
    key2 => value2 );

and you want to modify key2's value of 'value2' to 'some new value all
that you would need to do is access it and change the value. Something
like this:

$hash{key2} = 'some new value';

or if you just wanted to add on to the end of it you could do something
like:

$hash{key2} .= 'some new value';

    which is really the same as:
     $hash{key2} = $hash{key2} . 'some new value';

Hope this helps!

(feel free to post you code --this may be easier for me to help you
directly)

-Mark Mac