OC-PM: Introduction

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Wed Jul 10 02:42:54 CDT 2002

> Please, if you are reading this suggest any meeting date so we may get
> the ball rolling.

Anytime but the week of July 22 (OSCON in San Diego)

> I Redmond, we met every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm.  The
> Seattle group would meet on the 2nd Wednesday at 7:00 pm.  The LA group
> meets on Saturday afternoon.

A weeknight would probably be best for me.  The weekends are just way to
busy.  We ought to look at meeting times of other orgs some of us may
attend so we don't conflict.  For example, UUASC-LA meets the first
Thursday of the month and UUASC-OC meets the second Monday.

> I recently completed yet another XML library called XML::EasySlice that
> I should be uploading to CPAN soon.  Perhaps discussion of this library,
> AxKit - the Perl XML Application Server, Perl in Corporate America, to
> name a few topic that I would be interested in presenting.

I would be really interested in knowing more about perl use in corporate
America (like at Oakley).  Might be a direction I may be headed
someday...  The corporate America I know in is Microsoft oriented.