[oak perl] BALUG TOMORROW! Tu 2011-10-18 BALUG meeting; & other BALUG "news"

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 17 18:47:30 PDT 2011

BALUG TOMORROW! Tu 2011-10-18 BALUG meeting; & other BALUG "news"

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG) meeting
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2011-10-18

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2011-10-18 BALUG meeting, at least presently we don't have a
specific speaker/presentation lined up and confirmed for this meeting
(but watch for potentially late-breaking updates here[1], or on our
"announce" list:
) In any case, speaker/presentation or not, that doesn't prevent us
from having interesting and exciting meetings.  Sometimes we also
manage to secure/confirm a speaker too late for us to announce or fully
publicize the speaker (that's happened on at least a couple occasions).
Got questions, answers, and/or opinions? We typically have some
expert(s) and/or relative expert(s) present to cover LINUX and related
topic areas.  Want to hear some interesting discussions on LINUX and
other topics? Show up at the meeting, and feel free to bring an agenda
if you wish.  Want to help ensure BALUG has speakers/presentations
lined up for future meetings? Help refer speakers to us and/or
volunteer to be one of the speaker coordinators.  Good food, good
people, and interesting conversations to be had.

1. http://www.balug.org/#Meetings-upcoming

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP to:

                       rsvp at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help
BALUG and the Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and meeting, and with
sufficient attendance, they also help ensure that we'll be able to eat
upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

                       6:30pm
                       Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 2011-10-18

                       Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
                       731 Grant Ave.
                       San Francisco, CA 94108
                       Easy PARKING:
                         Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny:
                         http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but for dinner, for your gift of $13
             cash, we give you a gift of dinner - joining us for a yummy
             family-style Chinese dinner - tax and tip included (your gift
             also helps in our patronizing the restaurant venue and helping
             to defray BALUG costs such treating our speakers to dinner).

------------------------------

CDs, etc.:

Additional goodies we'll have at the meeting (at least the following):

CDs, etc. - have a peek here:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
We do also have some additional give-away items, and may have
"door prizes".

Want to volunteer to help out BALUG?  (quite a variety of opportunities
exist) Drop us a note at:
balug-contact at balug.org
Or come talk to us at a BALUG meeting.

Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): publicity-feedback at balug.org