[oak perl] reformat - bit of a text formatter for fixing ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 19 11:07:49 PST 2010

reformat - bit of a text formatter for fixing spacing/capitalization for
those who can't be bothered.

Anyway, random something I whipped up quite recently.
Okay, so there's likely much better module(s) out there to do such - or
similar, but I whipped this together relatively quickly - it does a
pretty good first-pass at many of the corrections - namely placing two
spaces after end of sentences where there are no spaces, generally
ensuring spaces around ampersand and parentheticals - but without
generally mangling smilies, generally ensuring space after comma and
semi-colon - again generally not mangling smiles, and also, optionally,
with --case or -c option, making a rough cut on capitalization
corrections.
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/perl/reformat
See also:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/perl/#reformat