[oak perl] BALUG: TOMORROW!: Tu 2010-03-16: ScaleMP vSMP Foundation for SMP presented by Nir Paikowsky and Kiran Thirumalai of ScaleMP

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 15 06:33:36 PDT 2010

BALUG: TOMORROW!: Tu 2010-03-16: ScaleMP vSMP Foundation for SMP
presented by Nir Paikowsky and Kiran Thirumalai of ScaleMP

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2010-03-16

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2010-03-16 BALUG meeting (next Tuesday!), we're excited to
present:

ScaleMP[1] vSMP Foundation for SMP[2] presented by Nir Paikowsky and
Kiran Thirumalai of ScaleMP

ScaleMP's vSMP Foundation software enables the creation of a single
virtual symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) system by aggregating, or
combining, multiple industry-standard x86 systems running off-the shelf
Linux - which can create a large virtual machine perfect for demanding
workloads. vSMP Foundation offers the following benefits to data centers
running Linux:
o scalable x86 SMP with up to 128 cores and 4TB RAM
o maintains cache coherency between individual boards using multiple
   advanced coherency algorithms
o utilizes all system storage and networking controllers to prove
   high-I/O system capabilities
o creates the required BIOS and ACPI environment to provide the OS (and
   the software stack above the OS) a coherent image of a single system
o up to 5X cost savings over traditional SMP systems

Nir Paikowsky is director of application and sales engineering for ScaleMP.
Kiran Thirumalai is Linux Kernel team lead for ScaleMP.

1. http://www.scalemp.com/
2. http://www.scalemp.com/smp

We will also have a supply of Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" CDs on hand for
our BALUG 2010-03-16 meeting.

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP to:

                rsvp at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

                6:30pm
                Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 2010-03-16

                Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
                731 Grant Ave.
                San Francisco, CA 94108
                Easy PARKING:
                Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): publicity-feedback at balug.org

http://www.balug.org/