[oak perl] BALUG: Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and Music Composition on Linux

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 10 05:52:37 PDT 2009

BALUG: Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and
Music Composition on Linux

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2009-03-17
Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and Music
Composition on Linux

Have you ever wanted to learn beat-mixing or electronic music
composition?  Want to get started with software that's completely free
and community-based?  Join us for an evening with STARPAUSE (a.k.a.
Jordan Gray), chiptune producer and founder of the Mp3Death[1] (Creative
Commons) netaudio label.  Jordan will cover the basics of DJing and
introduce you to the free open-source MIXXX[2] digital DJ software. Then
we'll move on to tracker-based music composition using
LittleGPTracker[3], which Jordan will demonstrate both on laptop and the
Game Park handheld. LittleGPTracker is free and designed especially for
8-bit (GameBoy-style) music.  Both software run on the free Linux
operating system (Mac and Windows also available).

1. http://mp3death.us/
2. http://www.mixxx.org/
3. http://littlegptracker.com/

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

      rsvp at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they ensure that we're able to
eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

      6:30pm
      Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 2009-03-17

      Four Seas Restaurant
      731 Grant Ave.
      San Francisco, CA 94108
      Easy $5 PARKING:  Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

http://www.balug.org/

Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): publicity-feedback at balug.org